Master degree courses
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Industrial Engineering with Business Studies
With the English language course of study Master of Science “Industrial Engineering”, the FOM University offers graduates of industrial engineering, business science and engineering science Bachelor courses of study from China, and also other countries, the possibility of professional specialisation. The full-time course over three-semesters takes place in Germany at the FOM university centre in Essen.
In the course of study “Industrial Engineering” students deepen their existing technical and business expertise and in addition acquire important management competencies for responsible specialist and management duties. In particular, focus areas are product lifecycle-management, digitalisation of production and the organisation of an international technical sales department.
The course of study also teaches up-to-date knowledge of areas such as controlling & financing, international commercial and contract law, as well as technology & sustainability. In combination with the course being taught in the English language as well as the intercultural knowledge gained from staying in Germany, the Master’s course of studies prepares participants for professional life in an internationally-orientated company.
You will complete your master studies in Industrial Engineering with Business Studies with the academic degree of Master of Science (M.Sc.).
At a glance
Where do you want to study?
Prerequisites for admission
- A relevant university degree¹, e.g. Industrial Engineering (Diploma, Bachelor)
- or university degree¹ with an Industrial Engineering proportion of at least 60 Credit Points² (in this case, the supplement course business administration must be passed successfully)
- or university degree¹ with a business science proportion of at least 60 Credit Points² (in this case, the technology supplement course must be passed successfully)
- or university degree¹ regardless of which specialisation and one and a half years of professional experience gained previous to, during or after the first degree with areas of specialisation relating to the Master’s course of studies (in this case, the business administration and technology supplement courses must be passed successfully)
- in each case with 210 Credit Points
1) Final degree as Master or Bachelor / with a Diploma or state examination. Degrees in accredited Bachelor training courses at universities of cooperative education are equal to university Bachelor degrees.
Time models & Lecture times
tuition fee: 11.400 euro
examination fee: 350 euro one-off examination fee at the end of the course
total cost: 13.300 euro euro Total costs includes enrolment fee, tuition fee and examination fee
The FOM University of Applied Sciences is accredited by the German Council for Science and Humanities for its special service to education and research and was the first private university in Germany to receive system-accreditation by the FIBAA in 2012. This seal of approval proves that the quality management of the FOM University meets the high standards of the Accreditation Council, the most important body for the quality of studies and education at German universities. In 2018 the FOM University received system-accreditation for further eight years. Thus, all courses of study offered by the FOM are accredited. A Master’s degree from the FOM University enables entry to a subsequent a PhD programme